WHAT IS SUMMER READING?
This year's Summer Reading theme is My Summer is Booked
- Meet me at MAPL! Summer Reading is an incentive program for patrons of all ages to keep up with
reading during the summer. It is specifically focused on keeping kids reading while school is out of session.
Summer Reading starts on June 24th and runs until August 19th. During Summer Reading MAPL
plays host to Summer Parties and Special Summer
Programs, details of which will be posted on our calendar with days and times.
Fun fact: did you notice that the 'birds' in our Summer Reading logo are
Adults who participate in
Summer Reading by logging their books (or audiobooks) will have the opportunity to win gift cards to local
How it works: For each book read, you fill out a raffle ticket. Please
print as clearly as you can. Summer
Reading Raffle Tickets will be available at the circulation desk. This year we are asking for your library card
number. We need all 10 digits that are listed under the barcode.
- The tickets will be drawn each week on Monday. The first drawing will be Monday, July 3rd. You will be
notified by phone call that you have won.
- There will be a total of eight weekly prizes, and one grand prize. You may only win the weekly prize once,
but will still be in the running for the grand prize. The more you read, the greater the chance you have to
- eBooks, and audiobooks count. If you do not visit the library, but do use our electronic resources, please
email us your submission at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type SUMMER READING RAFFLE ENTRY into the subject
line. Please include your name, and library card number.
Youth Program (teens and children)
We are gearing up for our
kick-off event on June 24th and are looking for teen volunteers to help administer the program. Call or visit
the Youth Service department to volunteer!
Teens and children can
sign up for Summer Reading in the library
starting June 24th, the date of our kick-off event. Watch the calendar for events, raffles, parties, and
prizes throughout Summer. Here are a few calendar highlights!
- June 24th - Kick-Off Party Get moving with Housel Fun &
- July 7th and 8th - Stuffed Animal Workshops - Who knew a
could be cuddly? It can be
when you make it yourself! Join us at
one of our two special Stuffed Animal Workshops and make a fun friend to take home and cuddle for
to come! Registration is required. Please only register for one workshop per child.
- July 11th - YoBOO™ - We are excited to invite our patrons
YoBOO™! This energetic program combines
the aerobics of a bootcamp with the breathing techniques of yoga. The result is a unique and fun
experience! Registration required.
- July 15th - Half-way Party - We’re halfway through our
Everyone has been doing a great job
reading lots of wonderful books! Come celebrate with us at an awesome pajama party! We’ll have some
singing karaoke, put our vocabulary skills to the test playing some silly Mad Libs, and finally you
bring your sleep to the next level by decorating your very own sleep mask. Put on your pjs and come
the fun! No registration required.
- July 27th - Mad Science - Our Stories & STEM program this
month will feature
a special guest: Mad Science! We will
combine science and fun as we make a cool toy and learn the science behind what makes it work.
Registration is required.
- August 16th - The Lizard Guy! - We are happy to welcome back
one of our favorite
visitors: the Lizard Guys! Come join
the fun as we meet some special animal friends! It is sure to be a wild time! Registration is
- August 19th - End Party Carnival - Summer reading has come
an end and we are
celebrating with an awesome End Party
Carnival! There will be carnival-themed games, prizes, and tons of fun!
- June 26th @ 7pm - Teen Beach Bag Making Monday - Summer has
arrived! Calling all teens to the
room to decorate a cool beach bag to hold all your
summer essentials. Enjoy some snacks with friends while you create your masterpiece. Open to
entering grades 6-12. Registration is required.
- July 19th - Teens and Tweens stretch it out with Tula Yoga.
Join us to utilize breathwork, movement, and dance to take us out of our minds and into our bodies,
creating a grounding space to deeply connect.
- July 21st 6:30-9pm - Teen Lock-in: Pottery Night Friday -
Join us after hours for some pizza and painting fun! We will paint pottery together, then a
will take your art to the kiln to be fired. We will give you a call when it is ready to be picked
Open to patrons
entering grades 6-12. Registration and signed permission slip required.
- Monday, July 31st @ 7pm - Teen Yoga Night -
Join us in the meeting room to relax and stretch with Tula Yoga. Open to patrons entering grades
Registration is required.
- Friday, August 11th @ 6:30-9pm - Teen Lock-in: Game Night -
Come to the library after hours to play some board games, card games, and Nintendo Switch games
we eat some pizza and snacks. Open to patrons entering grades 6-12. Registration and signed
permission slip required.
- Wednesday, August 16th @ 7pm - Teen No Bake Cooking -
Join us in the meeting room to make some edible cookie dough. We will provide a few recipes and
ingredients to make something delicious, no oven required. Open to patrons entering grades 6-12.
Registration is required.