The library uses Smart Alec to allow wireless printing from either your computer at home or your laptop, smart phone, or tablet from within the library itself. You can find instructions below or click HERE for our guide to mobile printing.
In order to print from a home computer or mobile device, it is necessary to have an account.
If you already have a Matawan Aberdeen Public Library card, that will be your account and you can move to Box 2 to the right.
If you do not have a library card with us, please click on the image below to sign up for a guest printing account.
To Print From a Home Computer or Laptop:
- Go to our Smart Alec page HERE.
- Sign in with your library card / printing account number and pin.
- Under the "Step 1" header, click "Browse" and select the file you wish to upload for printing, then click "open."
- Under the "Step 2" header, click the "Upload" button and it will send your file to our printing service.
To Print From a Mobile Device:
- It is not possible to sign up for printing through the mobile apps, so if you do not have a Matawan Aberdeen Public Library card please go back to Box 1 for instructions on signing up for a guest printing account.
- Install the Smart Alec app, available for both Android and Apple devices, and sign in:
- To Print From an Android Device, simply select Print (Often found under the three vertical dots in the upper right corner), tap on the printer type at the top of the screen to select "SmartAlec Printer," and then press the printer icon at the top right of the preview area to submit your print job.
- To Print From an Apple Device, click on the Share icon and select Print (not AirPrint). Then, either press and hold on the preview area or pinch zoom to convert to a PDF. Then click on the share icon at the bottom of the screen, tap More, and tap on SmartAlecPrint to activate it. Simply press Done, then SmartAlecPrint to submit your print. (Click HERE for details)
Now simply visit the library and go to the Computer Assistance desk to print your item(s).